Hiking Trip on 5 July (Sunday)
There will be an informal hiking trip on 5 July to which the participants of the LMS-CMI Research School
and the 25th British Combinatorial Conference who happen to be around are cordially invited. We meet 1:30pm at the
front entrance to the Mathematics Institute (building 38 on
the campus map).
Then we will walk to the Abbey
Fields in Kenilworth
(6-7km walk, large part going through a nice countryside).
There are various things that people may self-organise to do once we are there, such as
Other options of getting back to the campus include:
- listen to a band playing (2:30-4:30pm);
- visit Kenilworth
Castle (which is open until 6pm);
- picnic (there are about 4-5 picnic tables and plenty of grass; one can get food from Sainsburys and Waitrose which are very close);
- do some sports: eg there are a swimming pool and (free, on first-come basis) tennis courts;
- continue the hike making 15-20km loop ending back on the campus (if there is interest, we will lead it or provide a map).
Anybody interested (including friends/partners) is welcome to join. This trip is not
sponsored by the School/Conference so its participants will need to pay all their expenses.
- walking back the same way (a very clear and well marked route);
- calling a taxi (eg Kenilwoth-based Call-Line Taxis at 01926267068 or campus-based Trinity Street Taxis at 02476999999);
- taking bus 11 or U17 (rather infrequent on Sundays).
We hope to see many of you there!
PS Further social events at 25th BCC are listed here.