Members of my research team and I are working in the wider area of applied partial differential equations, including modelling, analysis and numerics. More specifically, we are working on
- Kinetic and mean-field models for many-agent systems in socio-economics, e.g. wealth distribution and opinion formation in human societies
- Structure-preserving variational discretisations of nonlinear partial differential equations with a Wasserstein gradient flow structure
- High-order compact finite difference methods
- Dimensional splitting methods for nonlinear partial differential equations
- Higher-order nonlinear partial differential equations
- Computational finance
- Optimal control of partial differential equations
- Models for pricing financial derivatives
Do you want to know more..?
I am a member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Computer Mathematics.
News & Events:
- Minisymposium Many-agent systems and mean-field models for socio-economic and life sciences dynamics, 10th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM 2023), 20-25 August 2023, Tokyo, Japan
- SIAM News Blog post Partial differential equations model political segregation
- Our research on modelling opinion formation and other emergent phenomena is covered in a new article in Plus magazine!