ASSESSED ESSAY QUESTIONS
- Can contemporary problems of legal theory and practice be illuminated by studies of so-called primitive law?
- Is there a place for natural law in today’s secular legal systems?
- In what sense has there been a distinctive ‘German’ legal tradition?
- True or false: A damning critique of legal positivism is that it is devoid of moral content.
- Has the law been especially effective in addressing problems of class and gender bias in society at large?
- Are legal realism and critical legal studies two versions of the same movement or fundamentally different in orientation and outlook?
- Has postmodernism had a corrosive effect on legal theory?
- Is there a substantial difference between what is traditionally called ‘discretion’ and what deconstructionists call ‘indeterminacy’ in the law?