- Weeks 1-10, Autumn term, 2010/2011.
- 7.5 CATS
- Core for third-year Ordinary (Pass) BSc Mathematics students, not available to Honours students.
- Module leader
- Dr Nicholas Jackson
- Class tutors
- John Aldis
- Andrew Brendon-Penn
- Dr Mark Cummings
- Sarah Davis
- Tom Sharland
- This module is designed to revisit core topics from the first and
second years of the Mathematics degree course, with the aim of
rebuilding students' confidence and knowledge so that they can be
transferred back onto the Honours degree.
- First year topics: Foundations, Analysis, Linear algebra.
- Second year topics: Vector analysis, Algebra, Analysis,
Differentiation, Metric spaces.
- Tuesday 3pm-4pm, Mathematics B1.01
- Friday 1pm-2pm, Science B2.03
- Individual weekly tutorials, by arrangement with class tutors.
- Ten weekly tutorials
- Eight homework assignments
- Two class tests