Diane Maclagan's students
- Alessio Borzi. PhD expected 2023.
- Sara Lamboglia. PhD 2018.
- Magdalena Zajaczkowska. PhD 2018.
- Paolo Tripoli. Phd 2017.
- Andrew Chan. Phd 2013.
- Martha Bernal Guillen. PhD 2012. Thesis.
- Piotr Zwiernik (statistics, jointly supervised with
Smith). PhD 2010.
- Alheydis Geiger (September 2018)
- Nina Morishige (September 2016)
- Kostas Karagiannis (September 2011)
- Francis Dunn and Luke Kershaw. 2018/19.
- Ben Swannack and Qisheng Zhang. 2017/18.
- Ben Madley. 2016/17.
- Jennifer White, and Edward Pearce. 2015/16.
- Tom Blake. 2014/15.
- Benjamin Pierce and Joseph Garcia. 2013/14.
- Steven Sharpe. Computational commutative algebra. 2012/13.
- Gordon Procter. Tropical Geometry. 2010/11. (went to the PhD program at Royal Holloway).
- Anna Lena Winstel. ERASMUS student from Kaiserslautern. Tropical Geometry. 2010/11. (Returned to Kaiserslautern to finish her Diplom and start a PhD).
- Jamie Fairbrother. Tropical Geometry. 2009/10. (currently STOR-I PhD program at Lancaster)
- Tom Hawes (currently doing a DPhil at Oxford). Summer project
summer on algorithms for invariant theory, summer 2011. Wrote a Macaulay 2 package published in JSAG.
If you are interesting in working with me, send me an email
(D.Maclagan at warwick dot ac dot uk). UK students should also try to
come to one of the postgraduate
open days (travel expenses can be reimbursed).
For non-EU students without external fellowships, the main potential
source of funding is a University of Warwick Chancellor's Scholarship
for information about funding possibilities). The deadline for this
tends to be in mid-January, and the application requires a nontrivial
research proposal. If you are interested in applying for this
fellowship to do a PhD under my supervision, if possible contact me by