TEdges - The T-graph of multigraded Hilbert schemes
The Macaulay 2 package TEdges.m2 by Diane Maclagan is
This requires Macaulay 2, which is available for
free download here.
This package contains algorithms and computations for the paper The T-graph of a
multigraded Hilbert scheme by Milena Hering and Diane Maclagan
Instructions for use:
- Save this file as TEdges.m2 in a directory from which you can
start Macaulay 2.
- Start Macaulay 2 (type M2 at a terminal window, or bring up inside emacs).
- At the M2 prompt (or inside emacs), type installPackage "TEdges",
and hit return or F11 (depending on whether you use a terminal window or emacs).
- Type viewHelp TEdges and return/F11. This will bring up a browser
window with the documentation.
- The How to use this package page has information about the input
and output formats.
- The key commands are ComputeGraph, and
writeGraph. For example ComputeGraph(7,2) will
compute the T-graph for the Hilbert scheme of 7 points in A^2. Look
at their documentation pages for other examples of the input format.
- The Examples menu contains extended examples computed in the
- The data files for section 5.3 are available here: ideals8pointsin4vars.dat,
- The data files for the table of section 5.4 are available as tar.gz file here.
Site maintained by Diane Maclagan. Last updated 10/10/11.